1947-53 Chevy truck, 3100, Hard Tonneau Cover.
Model - "Zero Impact Ultimate 3100MSS". Fit without drilling holes.
Remove the cover in minutes. We hope you agree, with the cover removed the truck looks amazing!
• A hard tonneau cover. Completely rigid, solid and strong.
• Zero impact. It can be fitted without drilling any holes in the truck. All paint work protected.
• Does not detract from the appearance of the truck.
• With the cover removed and just the hardware kit showing it still looks "show quality". (See pictures below)
• When the cover is fitted but open it still looks excellent and does not detract in any way from the appearance of the truck.
• The cover can be removed in under five minutes.
• All materials and finishes are of the highest quality.
• There is a choice of hardware support finishes to suit painted or patina trucks.
• A water drainage system is included to prevent water from leaking into the bed.
• Better than original factory quality. Just look at the pictures above. More
• The model shown is supported by a mirror polished stainless steel installation kit.
Additional notes -
• Tonneau covers reduce drag and improve fuel consumption.
• Tonneau covers protect the bed planks from water damage.
• Tonneau covers enable items to be carried in the back with privacy and improved security.
After a year of development this project is now competed. Release date 1st May 2017.
Zero impact. Can be fitted without drilling holes in the truck.
The all important appearance. There have been a few companies who have made hard covers for
classic trucks. All of these covers have been less than ideal. That is because some of these companies
have prioritised water proofing over appearance. Their tonneau covers completely cover the whole of the
top of the bed including the "rolls". As for other covers which do fit inside the bed rolls, the covers on
the market look "flimsy" and are not zero impact. Holes have to be drilled into the truck. Also they
are not quickly and easily removed. Removing the top cover would look a mess as the hardware kit is
not very attractive. Often the hardware kit uses lightweight aluminium and holes have to be drilled in
the truck. At the outset we decided a soft cover was not an option. They usually go over everything and
this again can spoil the appearance of the truck. If not fully supported there can be a pool of water
in the middle due to sag and they are often fastened with press studs which have been drilled into the
sides of the truck. Any hard or soft tonneau cover which goes over everything, may be practical but is
not going to show the great traditional shape of the truck.
Our "Ultimate" cover goes inside the bed and is level with the top corner of the vertical sections.
The flared out bed sides and rolls are above the cover. This results in the appearance of the bed
and the whole truck not being compromised. The cover is very strong and rigid and it folds back.
When the cover is open and the hardware kit is exposed, the hardware kit to mount the cover
is made of mirror polished stainless steel (other options are available) and rather than detract from
the appearance, adds to the appearance. This option matches the stainless steel bed rails (if fitted).
Water proofing. With a little bit of good design, water proofing is still possible without
ruining the appearance of the truck. Since the cover sits inside the bed, water channels and hidden
pipes carry away the water keeping the bed dry.
Security. With this tonneau cover, as long as the tailgate is locked, the cover and
bed contents are secure.
The highest possible quality -
Our "Zero Impact Ultimate" model is built to the very highest no-compromise standards. It is not made to a price.
Every material used is the highest quality. Every attention to detail has been studied and implemented.
When we say you can run with the cover fitted, or removed with the installation kit showing and
still look excellent, we mean it. All you have to do is look at the pictures. Unfortunately pictures
alone do not fully show the very high quality materials used in the manufacture.
Tonneau Cover Models -
• At first only our "Zero Impact Ultimate
" cover (fits without drilling holes in the truck) is available
This model includes a water drainage system.
• Shortly followed by the "Bolt On Fast Fit Plus
This model includes a water drainage system.
• Then the "Bolt On Fast Fit Economy
This model does not include a water drainage system. (There will be prevention measures to stop water
from entering the bed front, back and sides but water may run down the bed corners).
All models will have a choice of hardware kit finishes. Remember the cover can be removed in minutes
and the hardware kit must match and compliment the truck bed.
What does "Zero Impact" mean?
"Zero Impact" primarily means fitting an accessory without drilling any holes in the truck. All paintwork protected by rubber seals
It also means the product is either hidden or we have made a feature of it. To look factory quality it must sympathetically
compliment the appearance of the truck and not detract from it. It must also have a bit of "Wow Factor".
Finally it should do the job it is designed for efficiently.
What does "Ultimate" mean?
In this context it means a no compromise approach to quality and attention to detail. This in turn means a product is not
designed to a particular price. It is designed to be right and the price ends up being whatever it needs to be to
achieve that goal.
That is why our classic tonneau cover for the 1947- 53 "Advanced Design" truck is called the "Zero Impact Ultimate" model.
Click here if you would like to send us an email
Click here for the page about how to take measurements